IACT Conquers the Kancil 2022 Awards
Our heroes triumphed by walking away with the highest award, the Grand Prix award: IDEA OF THE YEAR, with the short film ‘Rapuh’ by students from our Diploma in Broadcasting & Film!
This is the highest accolade given to any student project in the competition and is the most coveted award as only one is presented each year.
Our achievements didn’t stop there. Our students scored an impressive 14 awards in total!
- ‘Lost’ won a GOLD award for Best Film & Audio Craft - Film Direction.
- Silver, Bronze and Merit awards by our students from the BA (Hons) Advertising & Design and Diploma in Graphic Design programmes.
- BRONZE award for Best Film - Video Content (for ‘The Little Things’),
- BRONZE award for Best Film & Audio Craft – Editing (for ‘The Painter’s Room’),
- BRONZE award for Best Film & Audio Craft - Film Direction (for ‘Missed Call’) and for Integrated Campaigns (for ‘Brave to be Bad’).
- MERIT award for Integrated Campaigns (for ‘More Than What's on Paper ‘ and ‘Watch and Learn, The Duolingo Way’),
- MERIT award for Best Film & Audio Craft - Sound Design in Film (for ‘11037’)
- MERIT award for Best Use of Cultural Insights (for ‘Stitching a Livelihood’).
'Rapuh' received 4 awards:
- IDEA OF THE YEAR,
- SILVER for best film and audio craft – film direction,
- SILVER for Best Film - Video Content, and
- BRONZE for Best Film & Audio Craft - Music in Film.
Congrats heroes of IACT! You have made us proud!
"I am utterly delighted by the impressive list of awards bagged by our students. These awards are a testament to the ability of our students to compete and excel at national levels. I would also like to thank our students and staff for all they have done to ensure that IACT continues to be the premier creative communications school and I look forward to more success stories."
The Kancil Awards, Malaysia’s longest running and most prestigious advertising awards competition by The Association of Accredited Advertising Agents of Malaysia (4As), returned after a two year hiatus due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Acknowledged as the "Oscars" of the Malaysian advertising industry, the Kancil Awards is Malaysia's largest, most prestigious annual advertising awards competition that celebrates creative work from all over the nation.
To find out more about IACT's programmes, take a look at our website here: